Lifestyle | Vol.1

9:09 PM

Since I get requests on how I start my day, what I usually eat, and basically my lifestyle. I just want to share this one thing of me that I'm proud of. It's been a year and counting since I switch to the lifestyle I have right now. A lot of people get startled when they hear that I don't eat pork, canned goods, biscuits, packed noodles, hot dogs and a few that I haven't mentioned yet. 

To start off, I am a whole food foodie. It means foods that are wholefood and raw. 
Other meanings could be:
  • Eating whole grains instead of refined grains whenever as possible.
  • Skinless chicken cooked with vegetables instead of chicken nuggets processed in fats, flavorings and preservatives.
  • Fruits, beans and vegetables instead of supplements to provide the fiber and vitamins they contain.
  • Baked potato with chopped green onions and light sour cream instead of a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips.
  • Blueberry smoothie made with real and fresh blueberries, yogurt, and a frozen banana instead of a blue-colored slushy or icee.
  • Fresh berries with breakfast instead of raspberry toaster pastries or breakfast bars.
I am enjoying eating whole foods, doing yoga and work-outs because it makes me feel good and a great way to de-stress myself. This lifestyle I have, didn't just happen overnight, I searched and studied for it over the net. It is a must, to know first what to eat before doing it wrong. 

Everything happened because I want to make myself a better person that I can ever be. I want to make my 30-yr-old self to thank my 16-yr-old self. I know people think that "what if you're going to die because of a car accident or anything not related to your health?" questions but people I want you to know that God has given us a body to take good care of, not to abuse it. If you were going to die because of a car accident or not related to your health then let it be at least you know that you have taken care of yourself. 

In order to be happy and want to be excited with life, change the way you live. Even in small little ways like drinking more water, sleeping more, be more kind and patient with people, it can change your life and will give a twist with it.

I know I'm not an expert in life. Like what does a 16-yr-old like me know about life right? but I tell you I am the opposite of the person I am right now years ago. I used to have fast foods for meals. Drank sodas more than water. I was so unhealthy years ago and I want that to change. I want to challenge myself to be a better person even in little things that I can do to my body. After all, its still the body I have to take care of. Even if you die not related to health issues but at least you did your part on taking good care of the body that was entrusted to you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe