Breakfast Ideas

10:15 PM

Photo from Unsplash

I enjoy cooking healthy and tasty meals because I will know what ingredients I put into my meals, in that way I know that I am nourishing my body.

If you follow me on instagram and twitter (and soon to be on snapchat haha), you will find out how I enjoy breakfasts. Breakfasts make me excited every time I wake up in the morning, what I always look forward to every single day. It refuels our body from how many hours of fasting while sleeping.

So here's some of the breakfast meals I enjoy every day;

Gluten-free pancakes
As seen on my instagram and twitter, I usually have this for breakfast because it gives the energy I wanted through-out the day.

Ingredients: (Good for 1 serving, approx. 4 pancakes)

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 bananas (1 mashed, 1 cut into coins)
  • yogurt (optional)
  • a pinch of cinnamon


Procedure:

  1. Beat the 2 eggs and combine it with the mashed banana.
  2. Put it in the frying pan and once brown-ish color is visible, get it out of the pan.
  3. Then layer the pancakes. (pancake - yogurt - banana coins - pancake - yogurt - banana coins and the rest follows). You can add some of your favorite fruits.
Overnight Oats
This is very convenient if you have insufficient time in the morning to prepare your breakfast and also taste amazing. One of my go-to breakfast because you can do it the night before. 

Ingredients: (Good for 1 serving)
  • 1 cup of your choice of milk. (I choose soya milk)
  • 1/2 cup oats (I use whole wheat oats)
  • 2 bananas (1 mashed, 1 cut into coins to be used in the morning)
  • a pinch of cinnamon
  • more fruits of your choice

Procedure:
  1. Combine the mashed banana into the milk.
  2. Let the oats soak into the mixed milk and banana.
  3. Put the mixture in the fridge and let it chill out until the next morning.
  4. Top it with more bananas, a pinch of cinnamon and fruits of your choice.
  5. Indulge!
Simple Oatmeal with Peanut Butter
This is one of my alternative if I wasn't able to make overnight oats at night time. This is also quick and easy!

Ingredients: (Good for 1 serving)
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup hot water
  • 2-3 bananas (1 mashed, 1-2 cut into coins)
  • a pinch of cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp peanut butter

Procedure:
  1. Combine the mashed banana with the oats and you can add some cinnamon or vanilla in here.
  2. Put hot water into the mixture and let it be for 3-5 minutes.
  3. Then, add some peanut butter and more fruits into the bowl.
PB&J Toast
I bet you have heard of this.I'm completely obsessed with it the first time I've tried it. This is really simple and anyone can do this even the kids could make this for their snack.

Ingredients: (Good for 1 serving)
  • 2 slices of wheat bread
  • 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter
  • a pinch or more of cinnamon
  • 1-2 banana coins
  • Any kind of jam (I've tried strawberry, mango and pineapple and everything worked good)
  • yogurt (optional)
Procedure:
  1. Toast the wheat bread for 1-3 minutes depending on the heat.
  2. Spread some peanut butter and jam on the toasts and add in the banana coins on top of the toasts.
  3. (optional) You can add some yogurt on top of the banana coins and still it tastes amazing. I swear.
  4. Sprinkle some cinnamon and you are good to go.
I have more on my mind and I've done a lot of experiments with my breakfast meals as well but to keep this post short and not making someone feel dull with this post, I will end it right here. I'll make more if you'll love to know more on what I eat. 

XX, Jenice.
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe